Monday, April 28, 2014

Big P, little p, what begins with P?

One of big-sister-to-be MaeLynn’s favorite books is a Dr. Seuss ABC book that has every letter in the context of “Big ___, little ___, what begins with ___”  Clint and I both have it memorized.  I felt like it was fitting this time, all of my updates start with P.

Patience-We got a call from Pauquettes about 1 ½ months ago saying they were ready to move us off of the waiting list and into the home-study process.  It’s great news, but we realized we need to be a little more financially prepared before we start the process.  I told Lynn that we were still hoping to be ready for placement in October so we agreed to plan for our home-study in June—if we had saved enough by then.

Promotion-After getting the call from Pauquettes, it really motivated me to get a promotion with Wildtree.  If there was something else I could do to make sure we stayed on schedule to bring our son or daughter home in a timely fashion I wanted to do it!  I called my up-line leader and started working on a plan so I could promote to team leader.  So far it’s involved some extra training and stepping out of my comfort zone.  I need two months of strong sales and recruiting to do it.  For a while it was looking like I was on track to make my numbers this month but if all else fails I’ll keep trying!

Praises-God has been blessing us financially in a couple different ways.  First of all the His Kids Sale on April 5th went well. We had a good turnout, thank you to everyone who helped, attended or donated rummage sale items!  A shout out to Diana Ugoretz and Aimee Clay for going above and beyond the call of duty to make this event a success.  Overall it raised $2,600 to be divided between the His Kids Fund and MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers).  We plan on asking for some of the money raised to go towards our adoption.  We are planning on making this an annual event in hopes that it will make adoption a reality for more families.  We have been blessed with a couple unique financial opportunities these past couple months.  As I type this Clint is hard at work on the sound system for a wedding at church.  Two times in March I was asked to judge 4H speaking or drama events—both of which I got paid for.  As a result of that too I now hold an official 4H fair judge license.  Hopefully this will provide me with more opportunities to judge this summer while adding a little here and there to our adoption fund.  Also for the first time since we have been married, we received a tax refund—enough to pay off what we had lingering in credit card debt and add to the adoption fund.  Thank you Heavenly Father for how you are working in our finances!

Plans-I started writing the draft of this blog about a week ago.  Not long after that I realized our schedules are filling up and if we were going to do our home-study soon we better get it scheduled.  After looking at Clint’s teaching schedule I realized June wouldn’t actually work so we have the two parts of our homestudy scheduled for the last two Tuesdays in May.  OH MY GOSH THIS JUST GOT MORE REAL!  And so begins the first of many moments where I will question, “Did I do this right?” and “I hope we look like responsible people.” For anyone who has adopted in the past, we’d love your words of wisdom on preparing for home-studies.

Prayer points
  • ·   the biological parents of our child-for their health and well being
  • ·         for our upcoming homestudy
  • ·         Our finances: that we would be wise in our spending and that God would provide extra money for us to put away to pay for the adoption


How you can help
  • ·         Pray for us
  • ·         Make a delicious meal!  Buy Wildtree products or host a Wildtree party.  With a possible promotion in sight, now is a great time!  All of the proceeds from my sales continue to go directly into our adoption fund.  Thank you so much for those of you who have already purchased from me!  If you enjoy the products, tell your friends!  For more information, or to order, go to www.mywildtree.com/lizgosse  


No comments:

Post a Comment