Tuesday, November 26, 2013

All I want for Christmas is a winning lottery ticket

Last Wednesday we took a two hour road trip to Portage to visit Pauquette’s adoption agency.  I’m not sure what I was expecting; all I knew was that I had really psyched myself up for it.  I had psyched myself up in good reason too, after all this was the most serious adoption action we’d ever taken.  This meant my dream was getting closer to becoming a reality *cue the happy dance*

We met with a fantastic woman named Lynn.  She explained the process to us in more detail along with the cost and what to expect along the way.  She told us that their Interstate program worked with agencies in Alabama, Louisiana, Texas and Chicago among several others and that most of the babies adopted out of these programs are not white.  Lynn was very knowledgeable in all things adoption related and her heart for adopted children and transracial families was evident.  It was a pleasure meeting her. 

We decided that we’ll look at another agency or two.  While we both really liked Pauquette’s and have heard excellent things about them, we want to make sure we are getting the best fit our family and our needs.  In the meantime I think we might start working on our 18 hours of required education.

The financial aspect of this whole process still discourages me and scares me sometimes.  I look at where we are at and think that we have so far to go.  “At this rate MaeLynn will be 5 years old before she gets a little brother or sister,” I think to myself.  Alas I have to remember God’s goodness, faithfulness and timing—it’ll all work out in His time.  He is already working in amazing ways and we have been able to save more than we had anticipated.  Regardless, it would be really convenient right now if His plan and timing involved a winning lottery ticket or something of the sorts.  Tis the season right?

Prayer points
  • Guidance in picking an agency that meets our needs
  • the biological parents of our child-for their health and well being
  • Guidance in planning a potential craft/garage sale fundraiser in the spring
  • Our finances: that we would be wise in our spending and that God would provide extra money for us to put away to pay for the adoption
How you can help
  • Pray for us
  •  Buy a puzzle piece, the price is up to you.  If interested please email me at Elizabeth.gosse@gmail.com
  • Make a delicious meal!  Buy Wildtree products or host a Wildtree party.  All of the money I make with Wildtree after taxes and supplies will go into our adoption fund.  Go to www.mywildtree.com/lizgosse 


Thank you everyone for your outpouring of support and prayers.  We are truly grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elizabeth!
    Congrats on your new journey! We are a family in MN who has also adopted. We used Crossroads Adoption Services here in MN. I believe they also have a office in Hudson WI. I (we) will keep you in our thoughts and prayers and we hope you have a short wait! Best of luck to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete