Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Hurry up and wait


Displaying IMG_20141111_215928078.jpg
Hello there!  I’ve been meaning to update the blog for a while but two things keep stopping me.
1) Sheer busy-ness:  parenting a two year old, Youth for Christ, selling Wildtree, grant writing, MOPS, running, need I go on? 
2) Always wondering if I’ll have something new and significant to add in a couple days. 
Most of the summer Clint and I worked on our home study in one way or another.   We would get our education done together at night after Mae had gone to sleep.  As a psychology major in college I found topics like abandonment issues and stages of adoption-related grief very interesting.  For Clint it was a bit more of a challenge, but he took it all in stride and did great through all of it.  During this time we were also filling out stacks of paperwork and going to various places to get specific documents signed.  Along the way, we have had a lot of help from friends and neighbors such as our neighbor Sandy who we discovered is a notary public.  That saved us a lot of time and inconvenience as most of our documents had to be notarized.  What a huge help!  Also, if I had this to do over again I think I would print off a lot of labels with Pauquette’s address on it.  As time went on, I ended up writing their address over and over on envelopes that were given to different government agencies and departments to send documents in for our home study to be completed.
Ideally, now that the home study is completed, we would select several agencies that we want to work with for a child placement and send in our family profile.  Then we would wait for the much anticipated call from the agency that we had been picked by a birth-mother.  The Lord has had different plans and is placing another obstacle in our journey, a financial one.  We thought if we just kept plugging away and saving, that we’d be able to send our profile to at least one agency with a lower fee before the end of 2014.  When I called Brian at Pauquette’s to share our plan, he informed me that the first potential agency to which we would send our profile had raised its rates above what we can afford, and was no longer working with them.  From the very beginning of this process Clint and I decided that it is best for us to wait to submit our profile until we know for sure we have the money to pay for the full adoption.  We know that the emotional strain of being placed with a birth-parent and then not having the finances to back it up would be horrible on our end, and potentially on the birth-parent as well.  So here we are saving and waiting, waiting and saving.  I feel like in this waiting process I am learning so much about the Lord’s character.  There are times when I have said to Him “Why isn’t this happening faster?  I thought this was Your will for my family.  I want my baby to be home.”  The response I usually get is “I am enough, it will happen on My time.”  How can I argue with that?
Prayer points:
-patience for us
-favor by the people who will be potentially selecting us to receive adoption grants
-for the birth parents of our future child and health for the child
-that we would be wise in our spending
How you can help:
-pray for us
-make a delicious meal.  Buy Wildtree products or host a Wildtree party.  Twenty percent of all sales go into our adoption fund.  Thank you to everyone who has already purchased products.  For more information or to order go to www.mywildtree.com/lizgosse
-buy a piece of our puzzle and be part of our story.  See previous blog posts for more information

No comments:

Post a Comment